- Born in Ontario, Oregon to parents Keith and Diane Langley. Parents own and operate a farm outside of
- Graduated from Nyssa High School - Valedictorian.
- Awarded and accepted four-year Navy ROTC scholarship.
- Spent 2 summer months in Germany through a high school exchange program.
- Entered Oregon State University in Corvallis,
Oregon, as a freshman majoring in Nuclear Engineering.
- Spent one month of the summer aboard the submarine U.S.S. Cincinnati for NROTC practical training. After
this, I decided to disenroll from the Navy ROTC program.
- Changed college major to Electrical Engineering.
- Spent the summer working at Disneyland, in Anaheim, California
as a host in merchandise services (sales clerk) in the Emporium on Main Street U.S.A.
- Spent the summer studying the German Language in Kassel, Germany through
a college exchange program.
- Graduated from Oregon State University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Entered graduate school at Oregon State University in the Electrical Engineering
Master's program. Major: Communications/Signal Processing. Minor: Computer Engineering.
- Volunteered a considerable amount of time with Project Vote Smart in
- Began thesis on Decision Feedback Equalization with major professor, Jack Kenney. Began design and layout
of integrated circuit for thesis.
- Submitted integrated circuit design for fabrication.
- Accepted student research position to lay out two GaAs mixed-mode integrated circuits.
- Volunteered with Project Vote Smart in the fall to program an auto-respond e-mail application to deliver election
information to users.
- Submitted GaAs integrated circuits for fabrication.
- Accepted part-time position with Project Vote Smart as director of their BBS and Internet services. Moved
- Left Project Vote Smart at the end of June to pursue a career with more income potential.
- Decided to forgoe finishing master's degree in Electrical Engineering for now because I found software development
to be more interesting.
- Began self-study of modern programming languages: C++, Visual Basic, Java; and software engineering techniques.
- Starting in late November, began experiencing repeated ear infections and nearly constant headaches lasting
for about 8 months.
- Worked part-time as a contract Java Programmer for Camas, Inc., in Corvallis,
- Had surgery in August for a deviated septum that finally relieved much misery.
- Moved to Vancouver, Washington, in October where I worked for 6 months as a software engineer at Jenkon International.
- Moved to the Bridle Trails neighborhood of Kirkland, Washington, in April
to take a contract Java programming assignment with NetLeaf Technologies - first in Bellevue, and later in downtown Seattle.
- Let go as a contractor in Seattle - the time of the Dot Bust! Ended up moving back in with my parents in Nyssa, Oregon, until I found another job, which was the ...
- Systems Administrator for Rural Network Services in Weiser, Idaho. It's kind of an interesting job, but I long to get back into programming.
- Moved to Boise, Idaho to be closer to my nieces and nephews and a job with Adecco Technical / Hewlett Packard working as an I/O Test Engineer on HP's low-end laser printers. Somewhat interesting - lots of analsyis of the latest networking protocols and some script writing.
- Finally landed a programming job in the Biotech / Medical Research area for which I had to move back to Seattle. Currently writing Java web applications for the management of data from AIDS vaccine trials at the Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research & Prevention (SCHARP) which is part of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.